Wednesday 11 November 2015

Welcome!

She’s come! She’s finally here!  And I am really glad, because she’s the kind of person I was looking  for!!!
I am in a language school and English is the first language for my students.  We were waiting for a new conversation mother tongue teacher. I was really disappointed: such a long time since the school started! Italian style in the school system!!! I know that perfectly…unfortunately!
But it was worth waiting ….Holly is here now!
When I told her  about the programme I am dealing  with the class, she appeared enthousiastic.  As I am ….even because it’s something  I’m really fond of!
She introduced herself to the class, she  told them about her Italian life, why she’s here, what she likes of Italy and Italians.   As she was talking,  I watched my students, their eyes….and I saw some light! They were in ecstasy, listening to her! She asked questions about their future plans, next year, so close….and in my opinion they were already dreaming of their life out of the school…..at the University…..maybe abroad….who knows!
Energy!  That’s what I felt  while listening to them  ….and I was finding out something new…fashion designer, business manager, physiotherapist, army, musician , politician……so many dreams! And what I hope for them is each dream may come true!

Well, it may sound stupid, but believe me…..as a teacher,  it’s really important to have someone you can exchange your  views with!


                                                                  Welcome Holly!!!

No comments: